Digital Deets LLC
Date of last Revision: Dec 26, 2015
- Statement on Privacy. We value and respect the importance of your privacy. That is why we strive to only send you emails and collect your information when we think that doing so improves your experience in using our services. If you feel that we could improve in this mission in any way, please let us know by sending us your feedback to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. Users’ Data
- Personal Data Collection. We do not collect personal identifying information for Users who do not register on the Site or App. When you register, we ask for the information outlined in “Types of Information,” discussed below, which the Company collects and stores for registered Users. No other personal information is required to use the Services.
- Types of Information Collected and Stored. We collect and store:
- Contact Information. This includes: first name, last name, email address, and phone number.
- Additional information. Additional information may be collected, including but not limited to a User’s primary language, and the Students associated with your account.
- Uses of Information. We need this information to do the following:
- Your Name and Email Address.
- To create User accounts.
- Your Name and Email Address.
- To send occasional promotional emails, if the User agrees to receive such emails.
- General Information.
- The Company uses collected information for the following general purposes: identification and authentication, services improvement or customization and research.
- Users’ usage information may be used to develop for Users: a personalized profile, updates regarding the Company Services, as well as other services that the Company deems valuable.
- We are able to provide you with an easy to use and readily available form to access your account information with the Site or App.
- We will also use your personal information to notify you of other products or services available from the Site and App and its business affiliates.
- We also may do research on our Users’ demographics and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, gathered from transaction activity, from our server log files or from surveys. This research may be compiled, analyzed or sold on an aggregated basis, which does not include information identifying individual Users. The Company and its affiliates may share this aggregated data with business partners or other third parties.
- Users’ data may be used for advertising or marketing purposes, which includes promotions.
- Publicly Visible Information. Some of Users’ information, including first and last name, will be publicly available on the App or Site.
- Privacy Protection. Email addresses will be kept private for all accounts, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, including for reasons specified in section C of the Agreement.
- Personal Information. In the event that we use contractors or vendors to help us in providing services, your information will be disclosed so as to try to maintain its confidentiality. We may provide your personally identifiable information to our affiliates, and our trusted business partners or persons for the sole purpose of processing that information on behalf of us. When this is done, we request that those parties process such information in accordance with our instructions, and to maintain appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
C. Student Data
- Students Are Not Users. As noted in the Terms, Students are not Users of the Services, and therefore may not create accounts to use the Services nor may they use the accounts of any Users. Information about Students is, however, gathered by the Company as needed to provide the Services.
- Student Data Collected. The following information is collected from Schools for each Student: Student first and last name, and Student email address. We are also collecting the following information that pertains to Students, including the first and last name of the Student’s Parents, the first and last name of the Student’s Teacher as well as the Teacher’s email address. A Student’s Parent may provide additional information about the Student or about the Parent.
- COPPA Not Applicable. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) is not applicable because the Services are neither directed to children under 13, nor are the Services collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13.
- FERPA Directory Information. Prior consent of Parents and Students is not required by the Company in the provision of the Services because the disclosure of information designated as “directory information” has been made under the conditions outlined in 99.37 of Family Educational Rights and Privacy statute (“FERPA”).
- If you believe the requirements of FERPA or COPPA have not been complied with or have any question about FERPA or COPPA as it applies to the Services, please contact the Company at email@example.com.
D. Third Parties
- We may share your personal information with any third party in circumstances not outlined within this Agreement upon receiving your prior consent.
- Third-party Services. The Company uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to provide the Services in conjunction with the App and Site. The Company takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that its third-party vendors provide the highest quality, most reliable products and services. Nonetheless, THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OF THIRD-PARTY AFFILIATES, VENDORS, OR PROVIDERS, WHICH INCLUDES PRIVACY BREACHES THAT RESULT FROM THE NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR OTHER ACTIONS OF THIRD PARTIES.
E. Links To Other Websites, Blogs, Forums and Social Media
F. Third Party Accounts
- Third-Party Accounts: You will be able to connect your account from the Company’s Services to third party accounts, such as Facebook, Google and Twitter. By connecting your account provided by the Services to your third party account, you acknowledge and agree that you are consenting to the continuous release of information about you to others (in accordance with your privacy settings on those third party sites). If you do not want information about you to be shared in this manner, do not use this feature.
G. General Provisions
- Communication Policy. The Company may send personal customer service correspondences, promotional messages and other communications. We think all of our communications are important, but you might disagree. You are required to receive emails regarding your personal account as long as you are a registered User, but if you would like to stop receiving promotional emails you may do so clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails we use. Any attempt to hijack or use our email lists for any purpose not authorized by the Company would be considered spamming, and would be cause for immediate dismissal from the Services. At all times, Users will have the right to opt-out of our email notifications or our promotional emails by unsubscribing from either of those email lists.
- Your account information for the Site is password-protected. The Company uses all reasonable safeguards to ensure and protect your privacy. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee that your information will not be accessed or breached by a third-party entity or person.
- Change of User Information. Should a User wish to change his contact information or other information that is collected from the User and stored in the User’s account, the Company permits, in conformance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), the User to update or change that information within the User’s account or to contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the requested change.